Tuesday, November 4, 2008

¡Concierto del Piano!

Last Wednesday I had the opportunity of attending a free (gratis) piano concert. I told my sister today that I could have easily seen her dating the pianist too. I described him as a "better looking more mature Corey Matthews that plays the hell out of a piano" haha. His name is Luis Becerra Alonso. Here's a link to a song he played at the recital. (NOTE: The video is not from the recital I went to. Mine was a more intimate setting of maybe 50 people or less in a beautiful music building) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZn3VuBS-4


He was amazing. Only 28 years old. He played pieces by Scarlatti, Brahms, Chopin, Haydn, Albéniz (video), and Liszt. After we all gave him a standing ovation, he came back out for an encore and played a beautiful piece that took me back to my childhood days of movie-watching with my sis. Here is a link to the song (not by Luis). For some of you old-school "Adventures of Milo and Otis" fans, you might recognize the piece (by Schumann). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH_8DMBWwg

1 comment:

Bridget Stieren said...

So...you know how I'm a sucker for "musically inclined" guys...WELL...I'm kinda sorta maybe basically TOTALLY in love with that pianoman...HOLY CRAP! I'm jealous you got to see him live...luckkkkkkkky you!! :)